Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Australian Law - Possible to Counter Claim for Loss of Income?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by fabian dries, 19 October 2015.

1. fabian dries

fabian dries Member

Hello. I've been told I am unable to get legal representation on a minor case claim for defending this claim. I am going to defend the lies of the claimant. Due to my loss of income for defending the case and my time, can I carry out a counter claim of monetary value for loss of income for the days I have to defend under Australian Law?

I'm losing time from my job and my family to defend the actions of a liar. I think people should be made to pay for there nonsense.

Many thanks for your assistance..

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

No, assuming you are successful you would be entitled to your legal costs which are calculated on the court scale. Nothing more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fabian dries

fabian dries Member

Thanks. There's no doubt I'd be successful. But seems pretty unfair...at the end of the day i still lose out regardless. It's pathetic.