QLD Australian Law on Sexual Consent?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Odile

1 January 2016
I was wondering if there is something in Australian Law about sexual consent and what that involves? Does agreeing to have a relationship and intimacy with someone, and then discovering that person is actually someone else and has created a life story becomes an issue of sex without consent and breaks the law?

Are there any laws about that type of behaviour? What if there were psychological violence, emotional manipulation leaving signs of depression and anxiety?

Odile

1 January 2016
Like telling a false name, age... Build a new life and identity??

I found something about mistaken identity being considered as a sexual offence?

This involves that the consent of sexual relation is broken as agreed on the other s identity and not the real one...

sammy01

27 September 2015
I think the only thing is the age. In NSW the age for informed consent is 16. Other stuff like lying about name etc., does not have any relevance.

S

Sophea

I agree. I have never heard of someone being criminally or otherwise liable for lying about who they are for the purpose of gaining someone else's consent. That's more of a moral issue.