LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

SA Australian Law on Lack of Clothing Outdoors?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by NatureGirl, 22 April 2016.

1. NatureGirl

NatureGirl Member

I am writing to ask an uncomfortable question. My friend and I are into bondage and want to escalate our role play from the bedroom to an outdoors scenario.

If we were to role play in a secluded parkland where we will be tied up to a tree without any clothes on, for example, is there any legal matters in Australian Law we need to know about and what would happen if the police came along?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Hi, yes if it is a public place then there are several offences which may apply.

(1) Indecent behaviour in a public place or while visible from a public place. Maximum penalty: $1,250 or 3 months imprisonment. This includes indecently exposing oneself in a public place. You can only be nude in waters or areas adjacent to waters that are reserved for nude bathing.

(2) Gross indecency - which is where someone who in a public place or while visible from a public place or from occupied premises willfully does a grossly indecent act whether alone or with another person. Maximum penalty: $2 500 or 6 months imprisonment. If this is done in the presence of a minor (under 16) other offences apply.

3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer

I agree with @Sophea.

It's also important to remember that it's "could have been seen",
    not "was actually seen".