QLD Australian Consumer Law - Inefficient Delivery of Eye Drops - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
27 November 2014
Hello,

My son had been prescribed eye drops by Optometrist last Sunday. I went to a pharmacy immediately. The eye drops needed to be made from Compounding pharmacy and would have taken for a couple of days, as told by Pharmacist over the counter.

Till today (5th May) I haven't got the eye drops. I called the Pharmacy twice and he said that he will enquire the Compounding pharmacy. But no answer.

Please suggest if I can take some action relating to Australian Consumer Law, at least get the prescription back.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Recommend you go back to the pharmacy and ask for them what is happening as you need the treatment.

Keep in mind there may not be another compounding chemist nearby and another pharmacy you try may just give your prescription back to the same compounding chemist to fulfil. Might pay to ring another pharmacy first and find out which compounding chemist they use.

When you gave the prescription to the pharmacy did they give you an estimate as to when the treatment would be ready?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Be persistent and ask again first thing tomorrow morning.