LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Australian Consumer Law - Inefficient Delivery of Eye Drops - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by Vaibhav Gadkari, 5 May 2016.

1. Vaibhav Gadkari

Hello,

My son had been prescribed eye drops by Optometrist last Sunday. I went to a pharmacy immediately. The eye drops needed to be made from Compounding pharmacy and would have taken for a couple of days, as told by Pharmacist over the counter.

Till today (5th May) I haven't got the eye drops. I called the Pharmacy twice and he said that he will enquire the Compounding pharmacy. But no answer.

Please suggest if I can take some action relating to Australian Consumer Law, at least get the prescription back.

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Recommend you go back to the pharmacy and ask for them what is happening as you need the treatment.

Keep in mind there may not be another compounding chemist nearby and another pharmacy you try may just give your prescription back to the same compounding chemist to fulfill. Might pay to ring another pharmacy first and find out which compounding chemist they use.

When you gave the prescription to the pharmacy did they give you an estimate as to when the treatment would be ready?

3. Vaibhav Gadkari

They were supposed to give me last Wednesday.

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Be persistent and ask again first thing tomorrow morning.