WA Australian Consumer Law - Can I Report Buyer to the Police?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
9 March 2018
Hello,

I just want to ask about my issue. I sold 2 authentic perfume and the buyer asked me to take a photo of every detail of the bottle. Then she asked me to send it to her on that day. She sent 200$ for both. Not she is saying the money is still pending 'cause it takes 3 business days to receive the money because we have accounts in different banks.

Then when I asked her about it after 5 days, she told me she has to wait for the items first. Then when she received it, she’s now claiming that it is not authentic and that she’s going to report me to eBay, even thought I sold through Facebook.

I told her that if she doesn’t like the products, she should just return them to me, but she said she just paid 10$ for each and that I will need to send her money for postage so she can return them. I said I don’t want to because I already spent my money for postage and for uber just to get there to the post office.

Now, more than two weeks later, she has still not sent them back to me. She said she was going on holiday for two weeks so I waited two weeks. I asked her if it was possible to ask anyone at her house to send them to me while she’s away and she never replied at all and can’t contact her at all.

Can I report her as a fraud or a scammer? Can I ask the police to send a letter of demand?

Clancy

6 April 2016
Hello just want to ask about my issue that i sold 2 authentic perfume the buyer asked me take photo all every detail of bottle then she asked me to send her on that day and she send 200$ for both and she saying it’s pending coz 3business days before I receive because different bank then when I asked her coz it’s already 5 days she told me she have to wait items first then when she received it she’s making drama that is not authentic and she’s going to report me in eBay which I sold her in marketplace in Facebook and I said if she doesn’t like just return to me but she said she just pay 10$ each or send her money for postage so she can return I said I don’t coz I already spent my money for postage and for uber just to get there in post office and now more than two weeks she still not send back to me she said before she’s going for holiday for two weeks so I wait two weeks but I said to her if possible to ask anyone at her house to send me while she’s away and she never reply at all and can’t contact at all..can I report her as fraud or scam?or ask police to send a demand letter?

So you dispatched the items without first having confirmed payment? No one on Ebay does that (if they know what they are doing). I recommend you simply report them to Ebay then forget about it and chalk it up to experience.