QLD Australian Citizenship - How to Get Documents from Deceased Father?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sanel

2 April 2017
Okay, I have some questions about my problem. I am from Serbia and I am in the process of completing my Australian citizenship by descent application, but I need my father's passport or something like that to complete it.

My father died in 2007 in Australian and he is buried there. I have a half brother and sister on my father's side in Australia but I didn't have any relationship with them. I was trying to get in touch with them on Facebook but they just read my messages and probably don't wanna help me with this.

All I can do get is a death certificate of my father but I don't know if that is enough to complete my application? Anyone know if that is enough and how can I get my father's documentation, if there is another way to complete this?

Please answer. Thanks in advance.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Sanel,

The Department of Immigration and Boarder Protection advises that if you are applying for citizenship by descent and do not have evidence of your deceased parent’s Australian citizenship please complete the application form without this information. Requesting Confirmation Of The Australian Citizenship Status Of A Deceased Person

If you still wish to apply for your Fathers death certificate you can apply for the certificate at: Applying for a death certificate | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government