VIC audio of the proceeding was refused

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jack_G

4 May 2020
Anyone had experience when FWC would refuse to provide the audio of the proceeding?
No reason was given. No transcript exists.
They did confirm that recording exists and that commissioner only gave permission for other proceeding.
Note, I'm not talking about private conference. It was a hearing.

Poidah

9 November 2017
Qld
It's bizarre that they refuse, considering any member of the public can request it using FOI.

Maybe they sensed hostility or found a lack of basis for the FOI? Refusal on the basis of exposing themselves to risk would seem reasonable. If the request did not seem relevant or helpful to the case or to you, why would they release the audio recording of the hearing?

Jack_G

4 May 2020
Maybe they sensed hostility or found a lack of basis for the FOI? Refusal on the basis of exposing themselves to risk would seem reasonable. If the request did not seem relevant or helpful to the case or to you, why would they release the audio recording of the hearing?
Can't comment on what they sensed, there was no hostility.
Hearing relates to the case that I'm appealing.

Risk of exposing themselves to what risk? What are they trying to hide from the public?
I didn't make FOI request yet. Just used the normal procedure of requesting audio.