NSW Assault by a 16-Year-Old Male - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Johnny doe

20 February 2019
What can you do if you were assaulted by a 16-year-old male? How do you defend without breaking the law or getting into strife?

Multiple times they have come to house banging on doors and calling out, threatening to damage property and even injury.

No idea as to why. I asked him not to come by my place anymore after he was intoxicated on prohibited substances. I do not wish to know people like this.

Originally I helped him out as he had a very tough home life, and needed somewhere to cool off and talk things through. He also needed some food and water. I felt sorry as we had similarities to my childhood.

What can I do legally to prevent damage to myself or property? What do I do if they try and or do get physically violent?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
What can you do if you were assaulted by a 16-year-old male? How do you defend without breaking the law or getting into strife?

Multiple times they have come to house banging on doors and calling out, threatening to damage property and even injury.

No idea as to why. I asked him not to come by my place anymore after he was intoxicated on prohibited substances. I do not wish to know people like this.

Originally I helped him out as he had a very tough home life, and needed somewhere to cool off and talk things through. He also needed some food and water. I felt sorry as we had similarities to my childhood.

What can I do legally to prevent damage to myself or property? What do I do if they try and or do get physically violent?

First report it to police, so if things bad happen, you have some background, get a camera to video record these events (you can buy a good one with reasonable amount from 60 to 120 dollars).
that is all you can do for now.