WA Arrest Warrant After Creasing Contact with Correcting Officer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Maxi93

29 January 2018
Basically, I committed an offence last week which involved me getting in a fight and threatening the other person with a butter knife. I was charged with possession of a prohibited weapon with intent to cause fear, even though it was only a butter knife.

I have since cut off all communication with my correction officer and have moved addresses. I'm just wondering whether they will issue an arrest warrant if they can't find me and how hard do police actually look for someone on the run?

Clancy

6 April 2016
Where did you get the butter knife? If you grabbed it off a nearby table during the fight then it cannot be classified as a prohibited weapon. If you walked around with it in your possession with no legitimate reason then it is a prohibited weapon.

You should not cut off contact with your correction officer, you should co-operate with the system.

The fact that the system is sometimes very slow to catch up with people, does encourage you to continue your current course of action, that is something for authorities to consider. But for your own sake, don't do it!