NSW Are transcripts a mandatory part of the Appeal Books?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

bpr323

5 September 2020
I have filed an appeal against the final parenting orders. None of my grounds for appeal relate to anything that has been said at the final hearing - just errors of law, principle and fact as found in the Reasons for Judgment and the Orders themselves.
Is it mandatory that I provide the transcript of the hearing if I don't rely on verbal submissions at all?

bpr323

5 September 2020
Thanks for you reply CSFLW!
I can't afford a transcript. My grounds of appeal focus on the mutually exclusive orders, such as Special occasions with the father can be cancelled if the mother takes the child overseas during this period. The father can take "make up time" in lieu of special occasions during school holidays (like Christmas in March) BUT the half of the holidays allocated to mother is not long enough to fit the make-up time ... etc
What is the right legal term for describing the orders that are mutually exclusive - inoperative? nugatory?

bpr323

5 September 2020
Yes, I did.
What is the right legal term for describing the orders that are mutually exclusive - inoperative? nugatory? Inconsistent? Unenforceable?