VIC Amended Notice of Defence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Hi, I filed a Notice of Defence (Form 8A) for a civil matter via fax to the Magistrates' Court yesterday (they advised to do it via fax). Last night I realised I didn't fax off two of the pages - namely Section A which I believe are details they will use to organise mediation and another form which has the date filed, defendant's signature and address of the defendant.

I've called the court this morning and I've been advised I need to file an Amended Notice of Defence. I've had a search online but I can't find any info on how to do this. Person at the court told me to seek legal advice. The cut off date for the Notice of Defence is today so I need to urgently get it done today.

It sounds like it isn't something too complicated. The actual Notice of Defence does not need changing. I just need to add the two pages I mentioned in the first paragraph. Any advice would be appreciated!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did you get the amended form to the court?

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Hi Rod

I ended up calling a solicitor thinking I'd try to get an appointment for him to do it but he told me over the phone to just add 'AMENDED' to the form and underline it to bring it to their attention! He said he thought it was unnecessary to file an amended notice but that that should do the trick! So yes, got it in on time.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
:) Good. That's all I could find as well.

Reactions: SamanthaJay