NSW Am I Entitled to a Refund for New Mitsubishi Car?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
8 February 2017
Hi,

I have bought a brand new car and after 8 months, it has had a major failure. The car company is trying to fix it but can't find the problem. The car isn't able to be driven and I am not entitled to a hire car while it's being fixed.

I am losing money by not being able to work and am getting nowhere with Mitsubishi. Am I entitled to a refund?

Jermy

30 March 2015
Hi I have bought a brand new car and after 8 months it has had major failure. The car company is trying to fix it but can't find the problem. The car isn't able to be driven and I am not entitled to a hire car while it's being fixed. I am loosing money by not being able to work and am getting no where with Mitsubishi. Am I entitled to a refund.

I am not sure, but your best bet is to contact Fair Trading. How much did it cost? How many times did it break down? These key points may assist you in request a refund.

Fair trading is the best place to start, other way is try find a lawyer in that industry who would give some feedback on this matter (not going to court- just to ask questions).

Hope that helps.

Willow101

12 December 2015
I don't know your legal entitlement, but a good go-to position would to be to contact your local Fair Trading office.

This one is used in NSW : Motor_vehicle_warranty_and_repair_disputes

You may have the equivalent in your State. I have heard that they do not put themselves at risk, and may complain about limited resources to pursue matters.

There are usually Motor Repair Acts in each state as well as Consumer Law Acts. Best to keep away from this.

Mitsubishi and all motor companies are well oiled at handling warranties on their terms.