QLD Am I able to get my daughter back after father kept her - no legalities in place

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

QldFamLawCurious

21 May 2018
My ex partner and I were together for a total of 7 years. We have a 5 year old daughter. We split in 2015 (I left him) and since the split we have been on good terms and have had an informal agreement in place of 50/50 care for our daughter. 2 months ago on his “on” days - he engaged in lawyers who sent me an email regarding a “urgent Family law matter”. The lettter stated that my ex would not be returning our daughter to my care because he was concerned about her welfare whilst in my care (aparent drug use, and a total of 2 days (since January this year til sept) off school in which case she was sick.
I then engaged in a family lawyer to respond to his lawyers complying with my exes instruction and want for a urine drug screen. I then personally emailed his lawyers on several occasions in the week after this, and finally got a response from his lawyers saying “we no longer have instructions to act on behalf of mr X”
I know my ex did this as I would not go overseas with him and out daughter, only weeks prior to him “keeping” our daughter. My ex partner is still in love with me and it’s very evident in his messges to me for some years now and I believe he has only done this with the hope I would conform and get back with him- to then be able to see my daughter. He has not even permissed me to have telephone contact with out daughter ( as requested in my responding email by my lawyer )
I don’t know what I a legally able to now do. Am I able to just go and collect her from school? There are no parenting orders in place and I have contacted relationships Australia and made a appt for my consult which is another week away.
Where do I legally stand ? Ultimately I just want things to go back to how they were Re 50/50 and not have this happen again out of spite and adult issues!!!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE !!!!!! One very distraught mother.