WA Immigration Law - Problems with Allowing Asylum Seekers into the Country?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mr_Diddley

12 December 2016
What are the problems (if there are any) if we just let all asylum seekers into the country?

Why can't we just use/build a town away from large cities as (basically) a labor camp for the refugees, except its more humane (they get paid, have days off, etc)?

Like I don't really care that much about asylum seekers but I'm still curious about what's stopping the government from accepting them, cause even if they were concerned about terrorism and all a (humane) labor camp away from large cities sounds pretty logical to me. And if the government actually cared about human smugglers, then why can't they just go up to PNG or Indonesia and say, "Hey get your sh-- together, you nerds, and send our own police/army to them like we did with the Solomon islands back in the early 2000's".

Adam1user

5 January 2018
It is not an easy problem, first the asylum seekers who come in the boats are: 1- jumping their line, 2- Force the Australian government pay handouts to them.

There other issues but those just come to my mind now - what about all the people that apply for immigration through the proper channels? What about the future people that will apply through the proper channels?

I came here as immigrant and if I want to bring my mother in the future, why should she be rejected because Australia has satisfied it's quota? See my point, that is why I don't approve of the asylum seekers coming through the boats.

I know some are real people in need but I guess some are irresponsible who have money and managed to come because they have the money, so they took the place of an actual person who needs to come, this is other issue.

As for the labour camp, although sounds good in theory, but I am sure there are international laws and other aspects that I or you are not aware of.