SA aggravated assault false claim

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

id83

5 October 2021
I have been charged with aggravated assault. There is no evidence. she claims i tried to choke her, i was remanded in custody and release on bail after 5 weeks in remand. The police put a interim intervention order in place. My children are not on the order and it says i can contact her via sms and email to discuss children and i can meet her a her work to exchange/pick up kids. on the night she told police im a good dad and kids are safe with me.
she said i dont use drugs/alcohol or take medications and she wants me to see the kids.
She went back to the police station 3 times to add to her statement,

She wont communicate with me regarding the children, and is witholding them from me.
thru her lawyer she now claims i have mental health issues, and a drug problem and the worst thing she now claims, the kids are in danger now.
She wanted a mental health assessment and a hair follicule drug test and random drug testing. then she said she would mediate regarding children. that was all done, now she says she wont mediate due to intervention order, yet it states she can attend mediation in the intervention order.
The matter goes to trial in november, i dont understand how the prosecution can proceed with case?