WA Advise on Father’s will

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Steph451

22 July 2018
My father left one of the titles of his farm to me, my sister and my stepmother in his will that he showed me before he died.

He detailed which part of the title was to go to who but didn’t have a chance to subdivide so it is on a single title.

She bought the other title from him at a very reduced rate while he was on his deathbed, which reduced the value of the estate. There is a third title that she was to recieve in his will.

My stepmother has always been nasty to me and made things difficult (she even tried to stop me attending his funeral).

Prior to his death she was behaving very strangely and said that the bank would probably have to repossess the title that I have inherited. She also had him change his will so that she is now executor while he was on morphine just before he died (prior to that it was his neighbour).

I have not heard from her since he died other than a few Facebook messages. I want to be respectful and do not want to bring it up, but I have not received a copy of the will and would like advice on how to recieve my inheritance, and whether she can influence the bank to repossess my share.

The farm has been in my family for over 100 years and has a lot of memories for me. I have two children that I know would love to be able to spend time there and feel that I deserve my inheritance.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'd be seeing a lawyer and challenging the sale at a reduced price and her appointment as executor.