NSW Accident at seven eleven

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
8 January 2018
Hello. Im a student studying in sydney. Recently ive had a small incident at a fuel station. I used to work a delivery job and then ive had a fight with my boss as i was not receiving my payment on time. My friend who still works there asked me to do his shift without his boss consent i.e my ex boss. I went for the shift alone and hit my car at seven eleven into the glass. The owner asked me to provide me with the vans insurance. When my friend calls the boss he says im an unathourized driver and that he wouldnt be providing me with any insurance number and instead he is asking me to pay all his premiums and the damage cost on top of insurance which comes to around 10000 australian dollars. I am really not understanding what to do. Can anyone help me out. Thanks a lot in advance.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Don't pay... Get a new job...

I had to read it a few times to understand but he already left the job. Then after leaving the job, this former co-worker asked him to do his shift.

The co-worker is the one who is 'not authorized' to give you the shift, but he did, and that means that the co- worker, as an employee of the company, follows on to the boss who is responsible for his employees unauthorized action and the Boss is liable to pay the damages.