QLD Where are Council Issued Infringement Records Kept?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pete

25 August 2014
Hi everyone

I will be self-representing in a traffic infringement case that I have elected to take to court, could someone help with the following:

a) Are council issued traffic infringement notice records held by council or police agencies?

and

b) How would I go about applying to the local government body for them to produce the infringement records (particularly the numbers of notice infringements issued within my locality in a certain time period) that would be in their possession and are relevant to defending my case against them for harassment and victimisation?

My thanks in advance

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
a) Council
b) FOI request if they won't provide it.

Not sure how numbers of other people with infringements helps your case and not relevant anyway. Magistrate is likely not going to admit the evidence.

Pete

25 August 2014
a) Council
b) FOI request if they won't provide it.

Not sure how numbers of other people with infringements helps your case and not relevant anyway. Magistrate is likely not going to admit the evidence.

Intent is to prove over zealous officials, victimisation etc.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
Victimisation of you or you and others?

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
The information you seek will have no bearing on your case.

Think you have to file a cross claim of misfeasance or malfeasance, but then you open yourself up to having costs awarded against you if you lose.

Pete

25 August 2014
The information you seek will have no bearing on your case.

Think you have to file a cross claim of misfeasance or malfeasance, but then you open yourself up to having costs awarded against you if you lose.
Ok thanks for the assistance