QLD About our divorce filing through Legal Aud

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lozzie

15 August 2017
Gday!
I was wondering, I and my ex filled a Joint Divorced. She works everything on it. Last two months ago she told me our divorced application is now on the court. I was wandering how long does it take to get finalise the result. Though we don't have yet a hearing date. I want to seek a right and accurate answer for my queries. And I used to call the legal aid just to ask how everything is going on our divorced applicant but no one can answer me.

Your advices and comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Lozzie

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Ring the court and ask for the court date.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So, you filed your divorce application through Legal Aid? Interesting.

In any case, your best option is to call the Family Law Registry in your state and ask when the Court date for the divorce application hearing is.

The hearing is where the Registrar considers your application for a divorce and either makes the divorce decree, or otherwise adjourns or dismisses the matter. Provided you've been separated for 12 months and the paper work has been filled out correctly, the most likely outcome is that the divorce decree will be made.

The divorce then becomes finalised one month and one day after the divorce decree has been made by the Court.

Reactions: Lozzie