VIC AAMI Refuses to Give Compensation - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

hahaha-rock

20 December 2016
Guys,

I was involved in a car accident when I was not at fault with AAMI 3rd party insurance. It was apparently the opposite party was at fault and I was advised from the other party to get it repaired and just give the bills to my car insurance company if I needed my car urgently.

It was a bargain for panel beating anyways, for $900. But I didn't know it would be rejected today, as the two staffs at AAMI are telling two different stories. I was called that I will be compensated. Today they rang and said I was at fault. I just wonder if your car insurance company has refused to give you compensation, what would you do? Take legal actions? And how?

I am pretty sure I won't go with another contract again with them for their slow processing, private numbers, and irresponsibility that I heard from many victims.

Appreciate any answers. Thanks!

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Your first point (after complaining internally) would be to lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.