NSW 2 Jobs under same ABN but 2 different EA’s

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Onthejab

6 July 2020
Hi, my current employer has two sections on different Enterprise Agreements but under the same ABN, the same people do the rostering and payroll for both sections.
There was a period a while ago where I averaged over 40 hours per week for the 4 week rotation between both areas, however I was told I would not be given overtime as they are basically 2 separate jobs, however recently with jobkeeper being a thing, I’m receiving that for one of the sections and not the other, yet they are saying because both sections come under the same ABN, that I won’t be paid extra for working the section not giving me jobkeeper and they will both be combined under the one jobkeeper?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You have one job, with different duties.

No different to many small businesses where people might do booking, sales and clean a shop.

Keep a log of the extra unpaid hours you work. You have up to 6 years to make a claim, though this is a rolling 6 year window. So any unpaid hours over 6 years ago cannot be claimed.