What you get – Shareholders Agreement Template Kit
This Shareholders Agreement Kit complies with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and can be reused time after time. It includes:
- Shareholders Agreement template – professionally drafted in plain English.
- Tips for preparing your shareholders agreement.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Customer support if you need help completing the shareholders agreement template.
- Optional lawyer review.
Benefits of having a written agreement
Whether you’re starting a new company or investing in a company that is already established, as shareholder you need to successfully manage the company and associated business relationships for future growth.
A Shareholders Agreement sets out shareholders’ rights and how you’ll manage and operate the company. It covers a number of issues, such as:
- The shareholders’ objectives in establishing the company.
- Contribution to capital funding.
- Shareholder meetings and voting rights.
- Dividend policy.
- Process if a shareholder wants to sell shares in the event of retirement, death or disability.
- Dispute resolutions procedures for shareholders.
Importantly, this Shareholders Agreement sets out shareholder responsibilities and liabilities so each shareholder knows exactly where they stand on important areas that affect the company and in relation to potential future events. For example, the process to be followed if there’s a dispute between shareholders, or what happens if a shareholder wants to exit the company.
Don’t be caught between a rock and a hard place with a ‘he said, she said’ situation that could turn into stressful and prolonged litigation. Put the business and shareholders in a position to succeed with a clear shareholders agreement that you tailor to your specific needs.
$99 for the entire Shareholders Agreement Template (General) Kit.
A trusted LawAnswers documents partner
RP Emery is a leading provider of affordable, professionally drafted legal documents and easy to use legal document kits.