What you get – De Facto Separation Agreement Kit – Australia except WA
This De Facto Separation Agreement Kit is used to finalise and settle all financial matters in dispute between you and your former partner including spousal maintenance, child maintenance, debts and splitting assets (including superannuation).
It complies with section 90UD of the Family Law Act 1975 and includes professionally drafted:
- De Facto Separation Agreement template (binding financial agreement)
- Easy to follow instructions
- Sample agreements and clauses
- BONUS Will Kit
- Customer support if you need help completing the template
Benefits of a having a written separation agreement
Benefits of reaching an amicable and timely property settlement through having a written separation agreement in place:
- You decide how you’ll divide your joint assets and liabilities, rather than having the court decide for you.
- Reduce or avoid the significant financial, emotional and time cost of court proceedings.
- Foster open communication to more effectively resolve any conflict with your former partner.
If you’re married, then you can use the Separation Agreement Kit – Australia.
If you’re in WA, then you can use the De Facto Separation Agreement Kit WA.
You must get independent advice for the Separation Agreement to be binding
Each party must receive independent legal advice before signing the agreement (to ensure that you fully understand what you’re agreeing to).
You can engage a family lawyer to review your separation agreement and confirm that you’ve fulfilled the legal advice component at a reasonable cost.
$129.95 for the entire De Facto Separation Agreement Kit.
A trusted LawAnswers partner: RP Emery
RP Emery is a leading provider of affordable, professionally drafted legal documents and easy to use legal document kits.