We speak with LawTap lawyer Robert Bakker at RB Lawyers located in Margate, Queensland to learn more about him and his law firm.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the types of clients you work with at RB Lawyers
My practice is in the areas of lower court litigation and Traffic Law matters, and all claims arising out of motor vehicle accidents (personal injury law). I have practised as a lawyer in these areas for over 25 years. I help all types of people.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
As a lawyer, I most enjoy obtaining a satisfying outcome for the client.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
The biggest challenge is ensuring people realise the need for proper legal representation, rather than getting general information from the web, which may not be helpful to their particular situation. You can’t google “experience”.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
I’m most proud that almost 20 years ago I started my own firm, RB Lawyers, which continues to thrive today in this very tough market.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next 3 years?
I think we can expect to see the online sourcing of legal work.
6. Favourite TV show?
My favourite TV show is Wheeler Dealers!! (A show about restoring and selling classic cars.)
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
Someone should contact me when they realise that they are in over their heads and will benefit from experienced legal representation.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
They should gather up as much information about their case as possible and present it to me for review.