We speak with LawTap lawyer Richard Thompson of Archer Thompson Lawyers located in Melbourne, Victoria to learn more about him and the legal services he offers to clients.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the types of clients you work with at Archer Thompson Lawyers
I work in the legal areas of Employment Law and Commercial Litigation. This includes drafting, negotiating and interpreting employment agreements, enterprise agreements, awards compliance and interpretation, Fair Work Ombudsman enforcement matters, employment dismissals, redundancy and terminations, adverse action, workplace bullying, resolving disputes and representation in all courts, tribunals and jurisdictions.
The types of clients that I work with are mainly employers, executives and senior management.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job as a lawyer?
I most enjoy that it is not boring.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
The biggest challenge is getting on top of the reading.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
I am most proud of the commercial acumen I provide to my clients.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next few years?
The big changes I think the legal industry can expect are in online services.
6. Favourite TV show?
My favourite TV show is Antiques Roadshow.
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
Ideally, contact me early before it becomes a legal issue.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
Clients should read all of the documents.