We speak with LawTap lawyer Neill Ogge at Neill Ogge Lawyers located in Toorak, Victoria to learn more about him and the range of legal services that he provides to clients.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the types of clients you work with at Neill Ogge Lawyers
I have a general legal practice going back over 40 years. This includes a range of areas of law, such as property law and conveyancing, family law, small business law, litigation and dispute resolution, criminal and traffic law, wills and probate. I have acted for and against big corporations, including insurance companies. At one stage, I counted the Republic of Nauru amongst my clients. However, these days I act largely for individuals and small businesses located in Toorak, South Yarra, Prahran and surrounding suburbs across Melbourne.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy drawing on my experience to solve my clients’ problems.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
Achieving a cost effective outcome for my clients.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
I am most proud of the help that I have extended to my clients over the years.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next 3 years?
The increasingly rapid rate of technological change in all areas of law.
6. Favourite TV show?
Historical documentaries – I am a history buff.
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
Sooner rather than later. Before they sign a contract or before they make a statement to the police.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
Scan the relevant documentation to me beforehand or bring it with them to the first interview.