We speak with LawTap lawyer Gemma Robson of GLR Law located in Logan, Queensland to learn more about her and the legal services she offers to clients.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the types of clients you work with at GLR Law
At GLR Law, I work in the following areas of law:
- Commercial law;
- Commercial litigation;
- Family law;
- Wills & estates;
- Conveyancing; and
The type of clients GLR Law works with are “mum and dads” for wills and estate types matters (probate, will drafting etc), SME’s with debt recovery and commercial requirements and family law clients who want a good quality suburban firm to assist them with their family law matters.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy assisting clients with their legal matters as legal matters can be complicated, stressful and emotional.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
The biggest challenge/hardest part of a lawyer’s job is dealing with other law firms and/or lawyers.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
Starting GLR Law because I wanted to create a firm that would cater to clients who did not want to deal with the ‘top tier’ firms but, instead, wanted to deal with good quality suburban lawyers.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next 3 years?
GLR Law believes the partnership model of law firms is ‘dead’, with more small to medium sized law firms (and sole practitioners) taking over the work usually completed by top tier firms.
6. Favourite TV show?
Game of Thrones.
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
Clients, and potential clients, can contact GLR Law at any stage regarding potential legal matters.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
Have all their documents in order (that relate to the potential legal matter).