We speak with LawTap lawyer Christopher Jones of C & K Family Lawyers located in Brisbane, Queensland to learn more about him and the legal services he offers to clients.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the types of clients you work with at C & K Family Lawyers
I practice in the area of family law and I advise clients who are thinking of commencing or are in the process of a divorce from a de facto partner or spouse. I also advise on Binding Financial Agreements and pre-nuptial agreements.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I most enjoy dealing with my clients on a real and personal level and helping them move forward with their lives by resolving current family law issues.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
The biggest challenge of my job as a lawyer is dealing with other parties that are obstructive.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
I’m most proud of acting with integrity and genuine interest to achieve the best outcome for the client.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next 3 years?
I expect to see an increase in specialised services and value-based fee structures.
6. Favourite TV show?
My favourite TV show is ‘Suits’.
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
Please contact me when you don’t know what to do and sooner rather than later.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
Clients should identify questions and concerns that they have (if at all possible) and what resolution looks like for them.