We speak with LawTap lawyer Alan Blumberg at Blackman Legal located in Lindfield, Sydney, NSW to learn more about him and his law firm.
1. Tell us about the areas of law you practice, the work that you do and the clients you work with at Blackman Legal
We practice in the following areas primarily:
- Family Law, including separation and divorce
- Succession law including wills and probate
- Property law including conveyancing and leasing
- Disputes and litigation
- Elder Law
- Guardianship including powers of attorney and appointments of enduring guardian
- Notary public services
Our clients are primarily private citizens and small companies. They are all nice people, with values similar to ours. They usually are very appreciative of the help we have given them.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
As a family lawyer, I most enjoy assisting people to resolve their issues and get to a better place.
3. What’s the biggest challenge or hardest part of your job?
The biggest challenge is dealing with the emotional turmoil often caused by separations and divorce, as well as seeing the damage caused to children by the actions of their parents.
4. What are you most proud of in your career as a lawyer?
I’m most proud of the many clients for whom we have made a very significant difference to their lives.
5. What big changes do you think the legal industry can expect to see over the next 3 years?
I expect to see increased competition, higher levels of service and rapidly increased usage of technology.
6. Favourite TV show or film?
I’m a big Monday night ABC fan when I watch Australian Story, Four Corners and Q&A.
7. At what stage should someone contact you about a legal issue or matter?
As early as possible. Sensible initial advice from a lawyer early on can make a huge difference to the outcome of the matter.
8. What should potential clients do before seeing you?
Think carefully about what you want to achieve.