https://www.lawanswers.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Law-Week-Photo-credit-freestock.ca-Flickr.jpg 427 640 LawAnswers Australia https://www.lawanswers.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/logo-lawanswers-2017-300x52.png LawAnswers Australia2015-05-12 09:22:052015-05-12 20:46:01Law Week is on Australia Wide!
Did you know that this week is Law Week?
Law Week is held annually across Australia, this year from 11-17 May, to promote understanding of the law and its role in Australian society. There are a number of informative and fun legal events.
- In Victoria, this Saturday is Courts Open Day. You might like to go on a guided tour of the Supreme, County and Magistrates’ Courts as well as VCAT.
- In NSW, there are a series of events being held across the State.
- In Queensland, you might like to attend a QCAT information session that includes QCAT etiquette, how referees make decisions, case presentation and the mediation process.
- In WA, get a free legal information session for parents of pre-teen and teen children.
- In SA, you can register to attend a free legal session that interests you.
- In the NT, you can hear about experiences of participating in grass roots law reform campaigns, or strike up a friendly cricket match.
- In the ACT, check out the Supreme Court with a guided tour.