ASIC Form 484

ASIC Form 484 – Have You Notified ASIC of Changes?

All Australian companies must keep their company information up-to-date. Any changes to a company must be officially lodged with ASIC (the Australian Securities and Investment Commission). Lodging a change to your company’s details is not a complicated task. ASIC has made it easier by providing ASIC Form 484.

ASIC Form 484 – When is it used?

There are different forms to use for different types of changes. Form 484 is used for changes to company details.

An officeholder (director or company secretary) must use Form 484 for the following:

  • Change of address, names of officeholders or holding company.
  • Cessation of existing officeholders or appointment of new officeholders.
  • Changes in shares structures.
  • Cessation or appointment of members.

Other changes to a company’s details that you can make on Form 484 include:

  • Company name, type and financial year,
  • Officeholder and shareholder details, and
  • Company resolutions.

Timeframes to submit Form 484

ASIC applies fixed timeframes for submission of Form 484. Failure to comply with these standards can result in a late penalty. The standard timeframe for Form 484 is 28 days from the time the change has occurred. Late penalties apply:

  • $76 for up to one month late.
  • $316 for over a month late.

How to submit

ASIC Form 484 can only be submitted online via the ASIC website. To submit, a company must first register to use ASIC online services. On registering, a company will be issued with a personalised corporate key. Companies can then access online service using their ACN and username and password. Form 484 is located in the ‘Start a new form’ section.

ASIC will communicate with the company via the email address provided when the company registered to use its online services. An email alert is usually sent prior to the correspondence being made available. Information sent to companies can include the company’s annual statement.

If you are still unsure, get legal advice and help from a business lawyer to lodge your form.

Get Commercial Law Help Now!