NSW Non-Delivery of Purchased Bitcoins from Bitxoin

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Josh

29 June 2014
I am really not sure reading the above posts i suggest writing structured emails. Apparently the matter has been fixed on another site so hopefully they start paying out soon

Josh

29 June 2014
This is an email fromsupport at getbitcoin.com.au

Basically they are a similar business to bitxoin but they publically display how many coins they have in their inventory. They were out so i emailed asking why.

This is the response i received from getbitcoins.com.au

"Wow, processing bitcoin orders is a fairly simple process, we'd have
them processed in 10 mins if the exchange didn't take so long to
process our withdrawals. We've been sending people to btrade (who have
been ok in the past) and customers have been telling me the same
thing. We're a bit s**t in that we've run out, but the bank has
suspended our ability to send funds to the exchange. So its out of our
control. We hope to have it sorted any day now, and we have a plan B
using another bank if that fails."

Josh

29 June 2014
These sites all have to buy the coins themselves. I can only assume do to the fact they have only contacted me once via email that they have run out of coins and are not able to purchase more at the moment.

They are not responding to emails and David is not answering texts or phone calls. His number is 0429 888 869 it just rings to his voicemail but there is a dialtone which suggests its on. I will persist with this matter as its not pocket change and i really hope he isn't just selectively scamming buyers.

There website is still taking orders, and convincing buyers they can process their orders within a 4 hour window. I am quite concerned that it will take some work to get a refund or my bitcoins processed. I cannot get anyone from Bitxoin to write back to emails to dispell the fear of being Scammed.

Should of used a more reputable bitcoin service, the short research i did on Bitxoin before purchasing was not enough as the company looked fairly legit.

if anyone receives and email or any kind of response could u please let us all know.

Thanks

jamesq

2 July 2014
I'm in the same boat, getbitcoin was out and with minimal research I put 2500 into bitxoin on tuesday . Still no coins or contact hopefully we get our coins soon !

Jezza90

27 May 2014
Hello everybody.
I see there has been a few people who are having the same problem's I have had.
I have had brief contact with David about 9-10 days ago via text message.
He has not contacted me again since that conversation even though I have tried on numerous occasions.

In any and all conversation I have with him he throws alot of business jargon around and has no real solid answer for anything I ask. He HAS assured me on two occasions now that I will receive my coins, but has not given me a day or even a forseeable date. All he says is that he is "very busy" and is having alot of "technical issues".

Please note I have 2,500$ "in the air" with this company for approx. 6 weeks now. So I know how you all feel. And the feeling is horrible.

I have never received a reply email, and I only just received a reply text message for the first time 9-10 days ago.
ie; It took him and his company about 20 days to get back to me in any way shape or form. Even though I sent daily emails and messages/phone calls.

At have made complaints with QLD Fair Trading, who have tried to contact him about the matter as well to no success.
I have also opened a court case with New South Wales Civil Adminstrative Tribunal (NCAT)
The court date is set for the 8th of July, and will happily update further after the hearing

Anyone who has continued trouble being paid what they are owed, I suggest you follow the advice John so helpfully provided to me.
Write a formal complaint email, and give 7 days to respond.
If there is still no answer, I suggest you also go to Fair Trading and the Administrative Tribunal in your State/Territory.
The cost is only 48$ for a small claims hearing which included anything up to 50,000$ I believe.

I wish I had more answers for you guys, but I will do my best at court and let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: John R

Jezza90

27 May 2014
Update:
Speak of the devil, after sending another message approx 30 minutes ago I have gotten a response.
The message says only the following:

"Alot of things are going on. Apologies for delayed response. I will get back to you as soon as I can. As company director I have to handle things a certain way. "

Jezza90

27 May 2014
And Josh:
David has told me that he is also having numerous problems with his Bank.
He has told me his account has been frozen on numerous occasions, and that he has had police taking a very big interest in his business for reasons he is unable to explain.
He says he has been raided, arrested on the street and that they seem to be treating him as some sort of criminal mastermind.
I do not know how to feel about this information.

I can only conjecture at this point he is facing quite a number of business difficulties, and that he is doing his best to fix it all.
However, given the circumstances it easy to assume otherwise.

jamesq

2 July 2014
hopefully that's a good sign. which number did he contact you from so
I can call n msg that one

Jezza90

27 May 2014
The number is the one that has already been posted.
0429 88 88 69.
Please note I have only had my calls answered once about 3 days after the initial deposit (6 weeks ago now).
Since then I have only had text messages replied to. And only still on occasion.