Custody of Children - Rights of a Mother under Family Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Samz

29 June 2014
If a person was in a relationship and then separated and they had a child together, what are my rights as a mother under family law when my ex partner refuses to allow me to see my child? How do I get him back in my care (custody of children)? Ex partner had the child or weekend and refused to let me have him back.

Samz

29 June 2014
What are my rights as a mother when my ex partner refuses to allow me to see my child , how to I get him back in my care , ex partner had child or weekend and refused to let me have him back,

rebeccag

8 April 2014
G'day Samz,
Do you have any court orders in place about the parenting arrangements for your child?
How old is your child? (Is s/he old enough to have an opinion about who they spend time with?)
Which state/territory are you based in?

Samz

29 June 2014
No court orders in place and I don't really have much support my son is only 3years old, my ex has both his parents supporting him financially and stop me from seeing him or letting me have him , I just want to know how I can get him back but my ex parents don't like me and I can't go to where my son is because its my ex parents home.im based in Qld

rebeccag

8 April 2014
Check out this LawAnswers Family Law Forum post "Children Custody Rights - Travel Distance?" - which gives some information about how you can make parenting arrangements that are legally enforceable that your ex must comply with.